Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A statement about rough drafts

I got through a lot of your rough drafts, but not all.  I apologize for that.  Anyone who emailed me got priority.  I do want to say, however, that it is an incredibly bad idea to wait until the night before an essay is due to email me asking for feedback.  I have many avenues for helping you on your rough drafts, and comments on turnitin.com are only one.  Some of you took advantage of conferences, and your grades will reflect that.  Some of you blew off the appointment, and your grade might reflect that.  Some of you took advantage of my office hours, and your grades will reflect that.  Some of you said you'd be there, and again, blew off the appointment.  Some of you took advantage of the in class workshop, and some of you blew that off.

Ultimately, you are responsible for your grade.  I only fascilitate the process and then sit in judgment of the final result.  If you want help, then communicate with me.  Waiting passively until the very last minute is not the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment